The Community College Public Relations Organization Conference is the annual meeting for marketers and communicators at California’s 114 community colleges. It’s an opportunity to learn new skills and network with colleagues across the state. Click here for more information about CCPRO: http://ccprocalifornia.org/.
Who Should Attend
The conference is open to any member of a California community college marketing department.
Wednesday, April 11
|8:30a.m.-9:00a.m.||Continental Breakfast and Networking|
Have you ever felt the need for a team of experienced professionals to help you brainstorm marketing and communications solutions for your college or district? Then you won’t want to miss our special professional development pre-conference workshop on Wednesday, April 11, from 9:00-a.m.-12:30pm. At a cost of $75 (includes continental breakfast), this workshop will focus attendees on the subjects of marketing, social media, and communications. These were the top three topics CCPRO members indicated in a recent survey as areas in which they could use more help. Facilitated by CCPRO members with contributions from the All Pros attending the conference, the workshop will be highly interactive with plenty of time for brainstorming and sharing of ideas and solutions.
|2:15p.m.-3:15p.m.||The Future of California Community Colleges
Eloy Ortiz Oakley, Chancellor, Califronia Community Colleges
Since he was named chancellor for the California Community Colleges in December 2016, Oakley has spearheaded many innovations that are transforming the state’s community college system. Hear what’s in store for California community colleges in the years ahead.
|Walk to the Hornblower cruise boat located in Old Town Sacramento. Get a true taste of Sacramento and all it has to offer aboard the river cruise. Sail past all of old Sacramento’s historical sites like the Delta King, the I Street Bridge, the Tower Bridge, and the Air Force Docks. Take in the unique beauty of California’s capital city. Appetizers and drinks will be offered on board. The cruise is free as part of your CCPRO registration, but space is limited to the first 70 people who sign up. Non-conference guests may attend for $20 per person if space is available.|
Thursday, April 12
|9:00a.m.-10:00a.m.||MORNING BREAKOUT SESSIONS I|
|10:10a.m.-11:10a.m.||MORNING BREAKOUT SESSIONS II|
|11:20a.m.-12:20p.m.||MORNING BREAKOUT SESSIONS III|
All Pro Award
All Pro panel
|2:40p.m.-3:40p.m.||AFTERNOON BREAKOUT SESSIONS I|
|3:50p.m.-4:50p.m.||AFTERNOON BREAKOUT SESSIONS II|
|7:00p.m.-9:00p.m.||PRO AWARDS DINNER|
The highlight of the evening is the much-anticipated Pro Awards presentation. Find out which colleges have earned statewide recognition for their communications, marketing and public relations pieces. This is a must-attend event!
Friday, April 13
|Visit the Vendors
Check out the vendors who have supported the CCPRO conference. Fill out your bingo card and you could win a prize!
|10:30a.m.-11:30a.m.||MORNING BREAKOUT SESSIONS|
|11:45a.m.-1:00p.m.||Lunch, Closing Remarks and the Election of 2017-2018 CCPRO Officers|
|1:00p.m.-2:00p.m.||2017-18 CCPRO Board Meeting|
Submit your best ad, press release, invitation, communication and all the other great things you have done. To see a complete list of award categories, click here.
NEW this year:
- Entries will be submitted ONLINE at our new awards portal. You can even pay online! Read here for instructions on how to submit entries.
- There will also be a new category for Best Local Application of a Statewide Campaign.
Go to https://betternewspapercontest.com/ccpro2018 to submit your entries. Check it out and set up an account today! All entries must have been published, aired, or printed and used for the first time from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
- EARLY BIRD ENTRY: $30 per member entry; $60 for non-members. Due January 19, 2018.
- REGULAR ENTRY: $40 per member entry; $70 for non-members. Must be submitted by February 9, 2018.
Winners will be announced at the 2018 CCPRO Conference to be held April 11-13, 2018.
Nominate a Superstar Administrator for the NEW PROmoter Award
Make your chancellor, superintendent/president, vice president or other administrator the FIRST to receive CCPRO’s new PROmoter Award. This award was created for those administrators who demonstrate leadership in supporting public relations and marketing at their colleges. Submit nominations to Anne Krueger, president of CCPRO at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karin Marriott, vice president of CCPRO, at email@example.com . To download a CCPRO PROmoter Award submission form, click here. DEADLINE: Feb. 9, 2018
Are you a California community college marketer interested in sharing your expertise and experience with your colleagues? Submit a proposal for a workshop to present at the annual CCPRO Conference on April 11-13. Please submit a presentation proposal form to James Meier at firstname.lastname@example.org. All presentation proposals are due by Jan. 29, 2018.
Presentations are scheduled to last an hour. Presenters are responsible for their conference registration fees, hotel and transportation, and should plan to bring a laptop if the presentation includes a PowerPoint.
Hotel & Travel
The conference will be held at the Holiday Inn in downtown Sacramento. A block of rooms has been reserved at $149 a night, single or double, plus room tax. This room rate and availability is guaranteed only if reservations are made prior to March 12, 2018.
To make a reservation, call the Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown at (916) 446-0100 or 1-800-HOLIDAY (465-4329) and specify Group Code UC2.
To make reservations online, go to the Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown and click on “More Options” to enter the group code UC2.
Registration is now closed for the 2018 CCPRO Conference.
- Members: Registation for members is $450.
- Non-members: Registration for non-members is $500.
Sponsorship Opportunities for Annual CCPRO Conference
CCPRO allows vendors and like-minded organizations to sponsor the conference. There are several sponsorship levels, with varying benefits, available. We will work closely with you to develop a sponsorship package that meets your marketing objectives.
To register as a sponsor, click here.
Lead Sponsor - $5,000 (one available)
The Lead Sponsor is the standout of the conference. Your name and product are continually presented to community college marketing professionals throughout the State before, during, and after the conference. Benefits include all listed in lower levels, plus:
- Exclusivity as the Title Sponsor
- Opportunity to present a 45-minute community college or education-related case study as a session at the CCPRO Annual Conference, on a topic of interest to CCPRO professionals. Tout the real-life success of your product or service! Session content must be approved by CCPRO Board in advance.
- Speaking opportunity during the opening and closing sessions of conference
Platinum Sponsor - $3,500 (two available)
Benefits include all listed in lower levels, plus:
- Banner with logo displayed at conference (provided by sponsor, in accordance with hotel guidelines)
- Logo representation on all conference materials (excluding speaker handouts and other sponsor materials)
- Upgrade to full-page advertisement in the conference program (provided by sponsor)
- Two complimentary conference registrations which includes meals and activities, non-transferrable
- Ability to place promotional materials in conference binder/packet
- Premium, expanded exhibit space in the conference area
- Speaking opportunity during the opening or closing session of the conference
Gold Sponsor - $2,500
Gold Sponsors have the opportunity to sponsor specific conference events, with the agreement of the conference planning team. Gold Sponsors are provided all benefits of the Silver Sponsor and General Sponsor levels, with additional Gold Sponsor benefits. Benefits include those listed below, plus:
- Option to co-sponsor a specific conference event or session with a CCPRO member, which includes a speaking opportunity at the start of that individual session.
- Upgrade to half-page advertisement in the conference program (provided by sponsor)
- One complimentary conference registration which includes meals and activities, non-transferrable
- Inclusion in CCPRO Facebook and Twitter posts
Silver Sponsor - $1,500
The Silver Sponsor is recognized and appreciated as a part of CCPRO’s annual conference. Silver Sponsors are provided all benefits of the General Sponsor level, with additional Silver Sponsor benefits. Benefits include those listed below, plus:
- Quarter-page advertisement in the conference program (provided by sponsor)
- Two dinner tickets to the annual Pro Awards reception and dinner
- Printed copy of contact information for all conference attendees (provided after conference)
General Sponsor - $1,000
The General Sponsor adds to the educational and networking experience of CCPRO’s annual conference. General Sponsors exhibit in the conference area, providing excellent opportunities to engage potential new clients and see current clients on a social level. General Sponsors are provided all benefits of the General Sponsor level. Benefits include:
- Convenient exhibit space in the conference area
- Name and/or logo on poster displayed at conference
- Personal “Sponsor Concierge” to attend to your satisfaction at the conference
- Printed acknowledgement in the Conference Sponsor List, provided to all attendees
- Acknowledgement at opening and closing sessions
- Option to purchase conference registration which includes meals and activities, or separate tickets to conference group meals and events
- Opportunity to provide an incentive to encourage registered participants to visit your exhibit space (For example, a raffle drawing to win an iPad.)
Materials Sponsor – In Kind
The Materials Sponsor is an in kind sponsorship of materials, amenities, transportation, or other tangible services for the CCPRO’s annual conference. The value of the Materials Sponsor level and benefits therein will be determined based on value of the in kind donation. In kind donations are accepted at the discretion of the CCPRO board of directors and conference planning team.
Limitations of Responsibilities
CCPRO is not responsible for costs incurred by sponsors/vendors to allow participation in the annual conference. This includes, but is not limited to: travel, meals (beyond included as noted), conference registration, lodging, personal incidentals, parking fees, shipping costs, internet usage fees or damages to display materials. The benefits of each level sponsor/vendor package outline the benefits to sponsors/vendors.
Product marketing, sales and promotion are limited to the conference hotel. Sponsor attendance and participation at other offsite events and activities is based on the sponsorship level selected. Please carefully review the sponsorship levels and let us know if you have any questions.
Don’t See a Sponsorship Level Which Suits Your Company?
Contact Laura Gropen at 760-744-1150 x2152 or email@example.com for a customized sponsorship package or for more information about CCPRO sponsorship opporunities.