The League is pleased to provide the following resources for the accreditation efforts of California Community Colleges. The information listed below is a joint effort by the Community College League of California and the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office. This page is for informational purposes only.
Following many years of discussion, three California Community College Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) Accreditation Taskforces, and numerous reports/resolutions, the two current Accreditation Workgroups were formed in March 2016 by the Chief Executive Officers of the California Community Colleges (CEOCCC) on behalf of the 113 community colleges in our system.
See CCCCEO Accreditation Reform Timeline 2009-2017 for a synopsis of CEO activities leading to the formation and activities of the two representative CEO Workgroups with representatives from the 11 California CEO regions):
- Workgroup I: Improving ACCJC Structure, Function, and Relations (to develop and recommend improvements regarding the ACCJC)
- Workgroup II: Western Region Higher Education Accrediting Model Long-Range (to facilitate communication leading to the long-range goal of California’s community colleges participating in a structure for regional accreditation that aligns all segments of higher education.)
Publications and Reports
- Accreditation Workgroup II Final Report - Higher Education Accreditation Alignment: A Vision for the Western Region (September 2017)
- CCCCECO Accreditation Reform Timeline 2009-2017
- Workgroup I Report - Improving ACCJC Structure, Function, and Relations (September 15, 2017)
- Improving ACCJC Structure, Function, and Relations -- Report Brief
- Accreditation History & Update from Workgroups I & II (CEO Symposium 2017)
- Workgroup I Improving the ACCJC Structure, Function and Relations (February 2017)
- Workgroup II Report to the California Community Colleges Chief Executive Officers (February 2017)
- Workgroup II Report to the California Community Colleges Board of Governors (September 2016)
- Workgroup I Preliminary Report to the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (June 2016)
- 2015 Task Force on Accreditation Report
- March 2016 Board of Governors Resolution on Accreditation
Team Evaluator Manual
The ACCJC's Team Evaluator Manual provides more information about the evaluation process and the accreditation requirements.
President of the League's Chief Executive Officers of the California Community Colleges (CEOCCC) Board and Chancellor of the Los Rios CCD, Brian King, provides periodic updates on the progress of accreditation.