listed in alphabetical order
- Appointing a New Trustee to the Board, 2008
- Assessing the Performance of the CEO, updated 2012
- Biennial Report on CEO Tenure and Retention, December 2010 (5th Update)
- Board Focus
- Commonly Used Terms in Community College Administration, 2013
- Different Jobs, Different Tasks: Board and CEO Roles and Responsibilities, reviewed 2012
- Faculty Role in Decision Making: Participating Effectively in District and College Governance, Community College League and Academic Senate, 1998
- Open and Public IV, League of California Cities, revised July 2010
- Q and A for New CEOs
- Scenarios to Illustrate Effective Participation in District and College Governance, Community College League and Academic Senate, 1998
For policy papers, issue briefs, and general League publications click here.
State and National Events
The following state and national events specifically focus on CEO leadership development.
ACCCA Annual Conference
February 25–27, 2015
Hyatt Regency SFO, Burlingame
CEO Leadership Institute–Vineyard Symposium
A seminar and retreat for CEOs to explore leadership dynamics and issues, facilitated by experienced CEOs. For more information about the Symposium, contact Darroch "Rocky" Young at email@example.com.
CCLC Annual Convention & CEOCCC Statewide Meeting
November 20-22, 2014
Westin Mission Hills, Rancho Mirage
CCLC Annual Trustees Conference
May 1–3, 2015
Monterey Hyatt Regency
American Association of Community Colleges
AACC hosts a variety of professional development events throughout the year. Programming is geared toward community college administrators looking to further their careers and to advance in the profession. More event information...
Harvard Leadership Programs
Harvard’s Graduate School of Education sponsors a number of professional development institutes for presidents, including the Institute of Educational Management, Leading Transformation and Change, and Seminar for New Presidents.
American Council on Education
ACE offers a range of programs and activities that support current leaders and help to develop a diverse pool of capable emerging leaders.