If you would like to serve on any of the committees, please complete the online membership application or you may contact the Staff to the Committee listed on the Members and Meetings page. Applications will be reviewed within 3 weeks of the application close date.
The Advisory Committee on Education Services (ACES)is responsible for identifying and reviewing needs for the educational and professional development programs provided to the colleges, particularly those targeted to trustees and CEOs. Committee members are expected to assess and evaluate the need for board, CEO, and leadership development services, prepare for and attend meetings of the committee, contribute to discussions and program design, participate in or attend events as available, and work on committee projects as time allows
Ongoing events and activities include:
- Effective Trusteeship Workshop
- Board Chair Workshop
- Annual Trustees Conference
- Student Trustees Workshop
- Review and update of publications for trustees and CEOs
- Resources for CEOs and New CEO Support
- League On Call Consulting Services
- Annual Convention and Partner Conferences
Primary responsibility of the Advisory Committee on Legislation (ACL) is to advise the League boards (CCCT/CEOCCC) on state and federal legislation affecting community colleges, and general advocacy strategies. The committee reviews legislation and related issues requiring legislative resolution, develops appropriate legislative solutions and recommends appropriate League advocacy priorities.
Specific activities include:
- Analyze and develop recommendations for action by the CCCT and CEOCCC boards on state legislation and, as time permits, federal legislation. Provide advice on means to support the positions adopted by the boards. In this capacity, the committee will review legislation that impacts the community colleges; discuss potential effects, advantages and disadvantages and possible advocacy strategies; and recommend positions for CCCT and CEOCCC board actions;
- Develop recommendations on strategies for advocacy on key legislation, and ensure local community college representatives are informed in a timely and effective manner about legislative issues and activities;
- Explore and propose strategies to further enhance League legislative and advocacy activities through the increased involvement of locally elected governing boards, chief executive officers, students, district personnel and community leaders, including increased use of technology;
- Advise and assist in the maintenance and distribution of the League’s Advocacy Handbook and other related advocacy information, thereby encouraging and facilitating local community college governing boards, district personnel, and students to influence legislative actions and to work with the Board of Governors and Executive Branch; and
- Prepare for and attend meetings of the committee, contribute to the discussions; and plan, attend and assist at the Annual Legislative Conference as time allows.
The District Services Advisory Committee provides guidance to District Services staff in regards to the needs of the districts in areas where the League can provide services or work with vendors to provide cost savings to benefit the colleges.