Below you will find links to publications of interest and professional development opportunities for CEOs.
listed in alphabetical order
- Appointing a New Trustee to the Board
- Assessing the Performance of the CEO
- CEO Tenure and Retention Study
7th Update | 6th Update | 5th Update | 4th Update | 3rd Update | 2nd Update | 1st Update
- Board Focus
- Commonly Used Terms in Community College Administration
- Different Jobs, Different Tasks: Board and CEO Roles and Responsibilities
- Faculty Role in Decision Making: Participating Effectively in District and College Governance,
Community College League and Academic Senate
- Open and Public IV, League of California Cities
- Q and A for New CEOs
- Scenarios to Illustrate Effective Participation in District and College Governance, Community College League and Academic Senate
For policy papers, issue briefs, and general League publications click here.
State and National Events
The following state and national events specifically focus on CEO leadership development.
ACCCA Annual Conference
February 22–24, 2017
Hyatt Orange County
CEO Leadership Institute–Vineyard Symposium
A seminar and retreat for CEOs to explore leadership dynamics and issues, facilitated by experienced CEOs. For more information about the Symposium, contact Darroch "Rocky" Young at email@example.com.
CCLC Annual Convention & CEOCCC Statewide Meeting
November 17–19, 2016
Riverside Convention Center
CCLC Annual Trustees Conference
May 4–7, 2017
Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
February 26–28, 2017
CEO Leadership Academy
June 11–13, 2017
Resort at Squaw Creek
Lake Tahoe, CA
American Association of Community Colleges
AACC hosts a variety of professional development events throughout the year. Programming is geared toward community college administrators looking to further their careers and to advance in the profession. More event information...
Harvard Leadership Programs
Harvard’s Graduate School of Education sponsors a number of professional development institutes for presidents, including the Institute of Educational Management, Leading Transformation and Change, and Seminar for New Presidents.
American Council on Education
ACE offers a range of programs and activities that support current leaders and help to develop a diverse pool of capable emerging leaders.